Bridge Structure Replacements
Two bridges located on Minnehaha County Highway 121 are currently posted with weight restrictions and have been identified by the county for replacement.
Two bridges located on Minnehaha County Highway 121 are currently posted with weight restrictions and have been identified by the county for replacement. The project involved topographic survey, hydraulic analysis, structural design, and preparation of preliminary and final plans for the replacement of both structures. The new bridges will be 77-foot long continuous span concrete bridges. The project also included property owner coordination, preparing legal descriptions and drafting for easements and right of way plats.
The project entailed the following design elements:
• Completed topographic and boundary survey
• Determined hydrologic data
• Modeled existing and proposed hydraulic conditions
• Provided type, size, and locations (TS&L) recommendations for each structure in the form of preliminary hydraulic data sheets (HDS) and a draft hydraulic design report (HDR)
• Provided preliminary TS&L inspection structure layouts
• Provided Final HDS and Final HDR with scour analysis
• Completed Temporary and Permanent Easements, H-plats
• Provided final design, plan production, and bidding services