South Dakota Engineering Society Engineer of the Year
Chad Hanisch, PE, was honored as the South Dakota Engineering Society’s 2014 Engineer of the Year.
Chad co-founded Infrastructure Design Group, Inc. in 2012 and serves as the company’s President. Infrastructure Design Group is considered a small firm with BIG experience. The company is focused on listening, providing personal service, effective communication, and cost-effective solutions. Infrastructure Design Group, Inc. provides professional engineering, surveying, and consulting services to local municipalities, county and state DOT’s, and other state departments, as well as private sector clients. The company has grown from two employees in 2012 to seven full-time employees today. Along with his work ethic, Chad’s 18 years of experience focused on municipal engineering related services has prepared him for business ownership. His trusted relationships developed over his career have developed into a dedicated client list and several trusted teaming partners.
Chad generates budgets, reviews financials, markets the firm and completes sales activities, and trains and mentors staff. He has familiarized himself with federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to doing business, employees, benefits, and completes payroll and several of the companies accounting functions.
Over the course of his career, Chad has been involved in the design and project management of numerous significant sized projects.
Project experience includes:
- 69th Street Improvements – Charger Circle to Southeastern Avenue
- Cliff Avenue Corridor Improvements – Chambers Street to Benson Road
- Cliff Avenue Corridor Improvements – Benson Road to 60th Street North
- 33rd & Duluth Drainage Basin Improvements
- Career Avenue Improvements
- 60th Street Corridor Study
- Eastside Reservoir and Pump Station Improvements
- 57th Street Composite Water Tower
- Louise Avenue Improvements – 49th Street to 57th Street
- Basin 13 Trunk Sewer Improvements
Many of these projects have been nominated for awards through various organizations.